Thursday, July 3, 2008

2008 Field Day

We had a GREAT Field Day at Fort Dickerson! I can't thank everyone enough for all the help, I sure couldn't have done it without you. We ran as an 4 Alpha this year, plus we had Jack's VHF Station and a Satellite Station. We had someone running something for the entire 24 hours! I am still entering the contacts into the log, but we are close to 412 total contacts.
We had 3 operators that were vacationing in Sevierville who came by and operated and we also had City Councilman Joe Holquist on hand. Bad weather came along Saturday afternoon but we weathered the storm quite well. Jim once again did an OUTSTANDING job on the grill, we ate very well!
We also had quite a few younger hams on hand and all of them contributed to the contact count. I've posted some of the pictures I took online, they should be running as a slideshow on this blog. Just click on one of the pictures to go to the full gallery.
There has been some interest in doing some sort of camping/contest/field day type of activity again this year, so we're looking into that. Also I think we are getting another Foxhunt together, looks like July 26th will be the date. Details forthcoming...
Again, many thanks for all the great help at Field Day, I can't wait for next year!

No comments: